It’s cold and rainy outside. A rare sight for me so I am doing my best to enjoy it today. Little Man and I have made snowflakes, read our daily chapter in our Christmas chapter book, colored some coloring pages and watched both the 2000 and 2018 versions of the Grinch. It’s been a great day. We also painted ornaments and I figured out some Christmas gifts. (whoo hoo!)
Winter is also the perfect season for snuggling and cuddling. Today, I’m sharing my favorite Christmas movies that are perfect for getting under a blanket with and getting cozy.
1. A Christmas Kiss- This movie used to be on Netflix and I discovered it a few years ago and I watch it about 100 times a season. No lie. It’s my favorite. A girl kisses a random dude in an elevator when they thought it was falling. Mystery man turns out to be her ultra-controlling boss’ boyfriend and we just have to wait for the Christmas magic to make a visit. It’s so cute and wonderful and pure Christmas. Google is telling me you can watch it on Vudu for free. I bought the DVD after it came off Netflix and I couldn’t find anywhere to watch it online last year.
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas- I actually really liked the new animated one that came out last year. Cindy Lou Who just wants to talk to Santa to ask for something for her mom. Her mom is her hero and you can tell. It is such a cute movie! If you haven’t seen it yet, go watch it ASAP. You can watch it on Netflix.
3. The Princess Switch- This cheesy Netflix original gives me all sorts of warm fuzzies. I will say, I wish they came up with a better fake country thank Balgravia. It sounds like someone was like “Bulgaria, but make it fake” and that is how we ended up with our main stage for a really cute movie. This movie is available on Netflix.
4. Christmas Inheritance- My favorite thing about this movie is that it isn’t a super bratty spoiled rich kid who is shipped off to learn humility. Like yes, she is a spoiled rich kid but she also works and tries really hard. She is aware of her image and how people see her. She also isn’t the best decision maker. Like her lesson is about the heart and the beauty of the small stuff, not that she needs to be taken down a few pegs (which happens to but not the whole point). You can watch this movie on Netflix.
5. The Mistle-Tones- This musical Christmas movie is my JAM. All Holly wants to do is sing with the Snowbelles and the groups current leader is dead set on making sure that doesn’t happen. Holly decides to start her own group and everything is just songs and drama from there. It has a really cute ending and it is just full of Christmas music. I love it. You can watch this on Hulu or Disney+.
6. A Christmas Prince- This movie is SO cheesy and so cute and so wonderful. It’s the perfect amount of Christmas with cheesy-ness and I’ll watch it 50 times before Christmas gets here. A writer from New York goes to Aldovia (better fake country name) to get the scoop on the Prince who is supposed to assume the throne and ends up pretending to be the princess’ tutor. It’s great. You can watch it on Netflix.
7. A Charlie Brown Christmas- No Christmas season is complete unless you have Charlie Brown. This is a firm belief. Which means this list isn’t complete without mentioning A Charlie Brown Christmas. We’ve already watched this movie at least 10 times since we decorated the house. My momma raised me on Charlie Brown and every time I watch this movie, I feel like I have a piece of my mom with me. This movie always makes me appreciate the small things. I even have a Charlie Brown tree that I set up every year. I also love that it talks about the real reason for the season. I don’t think this movie is on any streaming service but you can buy it on iTunes, Google and Amazon.
Now, I’m going back to snuggling up on my couch with some hot chocolate and my movies. What are some of your favorites?